Saturday, June 18, 2011

3D Image tool - MPO Toolbox

Recently I am planning to buy a camera that able to take 3D pictures to either replace my Panasonic DMC-ZS7 that I purchase close to a year ago. Instead of buying a full 3D camera I upgrade my camera into a Panasonic DMC-ZS10 that able to take 3D picture by panning manually (http://panasonic.net/avc/lumix/compact/zs10_tz20/3d.html). This camera will then product a MPO that consist of left and right pictures. This file is great for display it on 3D TVs. But since I do not have any 3D display or TV, but few 3D glasses (red-cyan) on hand.

Then I found a program call MPO Toolbox (http://www.stereoscopynews.com/download/software/654-mpo-toolbox.html) that can convert MPO file to anaglyph image.  Anaglyph image is a 3D image that display or print then use the red-cyan 3D glasses to view them.

Beside you converting MPO file to anaglyph image, it also can convert the MPO image to JPEGS, JPS and Dubois (a variation of anaglyph).  Give it a try if you have a 3D with some MPO images and wanted to convert them it into specific format, this will be your handy tool.

[Update 6/21/2011] After I test it for few different MPO file from varies of devices, I found that it fails to open some of them.  Now I will not recommend you using it unless you trying to get a quick and easy batch file conversion.  Then this will be a good tool to perform such task.

mpotoolbox-200px

No comments:

Post a Comment